Current Volunteering Opportunities
At Mid and North Powys Mind we often have opportunities to volunteer in a variety of areas:
- Community Groups
- Helping to set up new groups or services
- Wellbeing Centre
- Helping Facilitate Courses
If you have a few hours a week to spare and are interested in finding out more:
Telephone / Whatsapp: 01597 824411
The process differs for some volunteer roles, but in general:
- Initially, you will have an informal chat with the relevant member of staff to discuss your interest and what vacancies there are at present.
- You will need to complete an application form and a criminal record check. This is because we work with people who are sometimes vulnerable. Some offences are not relevant to this, so talk to us.
- You will have a full induction, meet the team and shadow shifts.
- All our volunteers are offered the same training as staff, which includes things like: Mental Health First Aid, Physical First Aid, etc., depending on the service.
Bereavement Support Service Volunteers
In January 2022, Mid & North Powys Mind successfully launched its Bereavement Support Service covering mid and north Powys. We currently have 19 volunteers, who between them have over 70 years of experience in bereavement support, as well as supervision and training.
We are now looking to recruit and train new Bereavement Supporters, across mid and south Powys, working closely with Ystradgynlais Mind and Brecon & District Mind.
You will be given the necessary high-quality training and ongoing support to enable you to provide emotional support to those whose lives have been devastated by grief.
Bereavement Supporters have regular supervision, on-going CPD and additional training. All expenses are also paid in full.
Opportunities may exist in the future for you to develop your skills to work with children and young people through further training.
For more information on the role, including role description, benefits and training dates, please download our recruitment information booklet:
To join our Bereavement Support Service
Do you think you can fulfil the qualities listed in the Role Description?
Want to join a supportive and nurturing team of dedicated volunteers?
If so, get in touch to request an application form.
Do you live in mid Wales?
Could you join our Board of Directors and help us to continue to make a difference in mid and north Powys?
The Qualities needed to be a Director?
Below are some of the qualities we would be looking for. Obviously we do not expect all of these in one person, but it might give you some idea of the characteristics we would be looking for in a new Director:
- A commitment to Mid and North Powys Mind and the charity’s aims and values
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and make a positive contribution to the working of the organisation
- The ability to think creatively
- An understanding of the legal duties and responsibilities of being a Director
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve collective goals
- Personal integrity, accountability and honesty
- The enthusiasm to commit to the working of the Board to further the charity’s goals
- Business and/or financial skills
Thinking of applying?
There is no such thing as the perfect Director. You will bring your own qualities and attributes to the Board and, where specific needs are identified, training can be provided.
Get in touch with us for an informal discussion:
Or visit our centre:
Crescent Chambers, South Crescent, Llandrindod Wells, LD1 5DH